Happy 80th Birthday to Lata Mangeshkar

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

lataji
The Nightingale of India, Lata Mangeshkar turns 80 years old today. Lata Mangeshkar a living legend in India has sung a whooping 30,000 melodious songs and continues to do so even today defying every odds.
The Bollywood fraternity comes together to wish Lataji a very happy birthday. ..
Yash Chopra: On the occasion of her 80th birthday, I would like to wish Lataji, who has had a long-lasting relationship with Yash Raj Films, happiness, happiness and more happiness with a sincere prayer that she remain forever young.
Karisma Kapoor: I would like to wish Lataji a very happy birthday. The songs that she has sung for my grandfather don’t need any explanations. I just want to ask her: how does she still sing so melodiously even at this age?
Prasoon Joshi: My best wishes to Lataji on her birthday. I feel so fortunate that my entry in Bollywood was marked by a song sung by her. I wrote my first song for her, which was the title track of “Lajja”. It was totally a dream come true. Then my luck again favoured me when I wrote “Luka chhupi” for her in the film “Rang De Basanti”. I feel extremely humbled to write songs for someone as great as her.
Kunal Kohli: What can one say about a living legend like Lataji and who am I to say something? I don’t think a word has been created to describe her and her contribution to Hindi film music. My best wishes to her for a long and healthy life.
Mohit Chauhan: I give my heartiest congratulations to the melody queen. I wish more and more years added to her life. Since childhood I have been listening to her songs and she is still my favorite singer.
Sunidhi Chauhan: Words can’t express what I feel about her. I only wish that she lives forever and ever.
Kailash Kher: She is a goddess in human form. Whatever she has achieved till now and the way she sings even till today is just miraculous. A normal person can’t do that. I won’t call her just a singer; she is music to me. She is a blessing to the nation and all Indians should hope and pray for her long life and good health for many years to come. I wish her a long and healthy life.
Manoj Bajpayee: May she live and sing for another 1,000 years. I doubt we will ever have another Lataji. Her voice is a miracle of god. A very happy birthday to her.
Sukhwinder Singh: Lataji’s is the voice of the millennium. She is truly an international artist and one of her own kind. For her birthday I just want to say that I hope she lives for 1,000 years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment