Canon Powershot A1000IS 10MP Digital Camera (Purple) - Review

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

This camera takes excellent pictures. I particularly like the Optical Image Stabalization, Motion sensor, and face recognition. I only make 4 X 6 prints. So far no problems. The pet/children mode does a good job of stopping action.
I've used the optical viewfinder a couple of times. It doesn't show 100% of the picture, but it sure makes a difference in extreme sunlight.
Sometimes it is necessary indoors to increase the ISO in order to increase the flash distance (easily done with a button). I still get great pictures. I know some reviewers blow the pictures up and indicate the noise in the picture. It's just not evident in normal picture prints. I'm sure there would be obvious noise if I was using high ISOs. Battery life is great also. I use Lithium AAs. They last so long there is no need to use recharageable batteries.
The only thing I definately miss is a button to delete "ALL" pictures. There's a button for individual deleting, but you have to use the menu to detete all. I guess you could look at it as a safety feature, making it hard to accidentially delete all your pictures.
There is a lack of manaul controls, but I never used the manual controls in my prior cameras.
The camera size will fit into a pocket, even though I prefer using a case that fits on my belt. I would highly recommend this camera to others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment